Strony

Photo Challenge with Melissa Phillips

Monday, March 1, 2010

My card tonight is for a challenge by the oh, so talented, Melissa Phillips over at http://lilybeanpaperie.typepad.com/. Each week she has an inspiration photo...ususally full of beautiful colors and textures to get those creative juices flowing. This was the most recent one:


It worked for me...I wouldn't have chosen these colors on my own, but after seeing the photo...they seem to belong together. I love Melissa's vintage style...and she uses the most beautiful vintage looking embellishments. I've not collected many yet so I made my own flowers out of ribbon I already had. My focal point turned out like this:



Painted grungeboard by Tim Holtz also lended itself well to the style of the card. Hope you enjoy it:

I love challenges! This is only the second I've entered but I feel I'm already becoming more confident...coming up with something I'm happy with a little more quickly, and definitly thinking outside the box...learning to do more with the things I already have. Thanks to Melissa for her willingness to share the talent she has been blessed with, and for offering the challenges. Like lots of other challenges out there, they're lots of fun and are helping me to be a better crafter!! Hope everybody has a good night!!

Geri
........................
Supplies:
Stamps: Mega Mixed Messages (PTI), (Paper Studio), Sassy-Icons (Me & MY BI)
Paper: Vintage Cream Cardstock (PTI), Paper Pizazz
Ink: Perfect Plum, Pumpkin Pie (SU), Lavender Moon (PTI) Versa Mark
Other: Embossing powder: Comotion, glitter, A La Mode, white
K&Co. pearls, Plum Pudding twill ribbon (PTI), cream Offray ribbon, acrylic paint, grungeboard

2 comments:

  1. Another "beautiful" card!! When you offer classes, sign me up. Already looking forward to your next creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo entirely sweet...I am in awe and enchanted with all of your creative and special touches...such a beautiful card.
    Thank you for playing along!
    Melis

    ReplyDelete