Strony

1st Embellish Magazine Challenge

Thursday, June 17, 2010


Is anyone else as inspired by this picture as I am?! When I saw it, I knew I had to get in on this challenge...I just love those flowers! Then when I saw the Design Team projects, I was even MORE inspired. And how about those Waltzingmouse stamps!? Oh, my goodness...it was love at first sight for me. They're already on my Christmas list. I almost hate to admit it...I've never heard of them before! I know, where have I been, right? I also have to admit that I'm totally new to EM's challenges. I've only checked in on one other and thought it was way out of my league!! But this one was just so inviting, so here I am. I knew when I saw the photo, I HAD to make some flowers. I used my Papertrey Beautiful Blooms 3 dies for them and thought they turned out nice. The centers are full of some little coppery seed beads.
Next came the "Label" part of the challenge. This initally worried me, because I don't have any of the new labels that are out there (although I sure have been admiring several) and I didn't want to use something outdated-looking. I decided on the classic Spellbinder circle, framed it in and freshened it up with some Tim Holtz grungeboard, and added the Crafty Secrets sentiment (which stamped like a dream!) and the handmade flowers. The photo makes the grungeboard look darker and "flatter" than in person. I sprayed some Vibes in 'Penny Pincher' On top of the brown StazOn, it gives it subtle copper shimmer that doesn't show here.


I used my new Technique Tuesday "Rococco" stamps and Lemon Tart Ink to stamp the panel on the left side and framed it in with strips made from the Fiskars Upper Crest border punch. I added some scrunched up Cabbage Rose ribbon (MemrieMare - Etsy...vanilla creme?) to the panel, and put it all on top of that rich brown and creme Paper Studio paper.


I'm pleased with the finished card...my first attempt at an Embellish Magazine challenge. Yeah!...I'm so excited to create again after a long vacation! I would love to know what you think!! Hope everyone has a great day!!

Geri


...........................


Other Supplies not mentioned above:
Cardstock: Melon Berry, Lemon Tart, Vintage Creme (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Brown Floral Medallions (Paper Studio)
Inks and Paints: Sunset Strip, RazzelDazzel Berry, Penny Pincher Vibez (Shimmerz), Close to Cocoa (SU)

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Geri! Love how you made the centers of the flowers. How did you get the beads to stand that high? Glad to have you back sharing your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Gorgeous, I can't believe you would think they were out of your league. Your creations are Fabulous...
    I have never heard of Embellish Magazine challenge, I might have to go check it out.
    Thank you for sharing with us!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My! How beautiful! You really have taken this challenge to the top! I love how you have used the colors for your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, your label and those flowers are stunning! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete