Strony

Embellish Challenge--Using Squares

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Where does the time go?! I've had two weeks to get this card done and am barely getting it posted by the deadline!! I'm always so appreciative that Embellish gives you two whole weeks to complete a challenge card--and here I am needin' three!! Surely things will settle down around here soon!! I loved these colors when I saw them and was inspired by Charlene's (Embellish DT)card, on which she divided a larger image into smaller squares, giving it somewhat of a mosaic look. I didn't have a lot of larger images to choose from and tried this one from Inkadinkado:
I added a Papertrey Ink butterfly for some dimension and some Ripe Avacado ribbon. Everything is a little smudgy and distressed. The main image is embossed and the Spring Moss Ink was softly applied around it with a sponge. Wish I would have had some tiny purple rinestones for the upper left corner, but mine weren't the right color--thought I had better leave it alone...


Not at all what I had in mind when I started, but...it is what it is!!
So many pretty cards that have been contributed this time around!! I've been inspired for sure!!
Thanks for stopping!
Geri
.............................................................
Supplies not listed above:
Cardstock - Papertrey Ink, white and Plum Pudding
Ink - Papertrey Ink True Black, Memento Grape Jelly
Stamps - Old Paper Studio with no name, Papertrey Ink Butterfly Dreams
Other - black glitter, black embossing powder


7 comments:

  1. Gosh, I would LOVE to see what you had in mind cause this is incredible! LOL I'd have to list everything if I said what I likes about this card. It's really great Geri! Best of luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Beautiful! I love the window effect and how you have also embossed the butterfly. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love your card!!! I really like the way you made the window with the squares. The butterfly was a great addition. The sentiment fit perfectly. It's a winner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Love the colors and especailly the butterfly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous!!! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog - won't be long until the long awaited Royalty Issue comes out - I'll be on the lookout for your card! I live about 45 minutes south of Evansville - how far is that from Brazil? (I've never heard of Brazil, IN)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool!! Your card totally stood out to me and then I read that I helped inspire your "mosaic" look. Thanks so much for that!! This card is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete