Strony

So how about a...Merry Monday???

Monday, March 18, 2013

Hello, everyone! Seems like awhile since I've been here!  It has been a little longer than usual since we had to postpone our new challenge post at Festive Friday.  So sorry, but it couldn't be helped.  It was also my card making day at the nursing home last week...that always takes up lots of my crafty time!  Anyway...I'm happy to be back, and happy to share the new challenge with you...


Had to pull out my Cricut for this one, ladies!  I just didn't have a 'Merry' bold enough to do this challenge justice, so I created my own out of some fun prints.  This is a first for me...my first post with a creation I used my Cricut on!  Yay!  I really love playing with it when I do...I was just so scared to get it out of the box and get started.  I MUST learn more about it, and was SO thankful I had it for this challenge!  Here's my card, so you can get on your merry way...


Pretty simple design! I did some gold embossing with part of a 'merry & bright' sentiment I have (Hero Arts, I think...just masked off  the 'merry'). And I used a bit of silk ribbon I have left from when I played around with embroidering with it years ago.  (Sure wish I could buy it as easily and reasonably as I could then!) The papers are mostly Simple Stories and a dab of Crate.

OK...lots of fun inspiration waiting for you at the main blogincluding a project from our guest designer for this challenge, Susan Opel of PaperCrafts Magazine!  If you'd like to join us and get a head start on your Christmas card making,...we'd love to see what you can do with this challenge!
Thanks for coming!
~Geri~

13 comments:

  1. Look at all that brightness! How absolutely adorable, Geri! Love how you ended up doing the merry part of your card. The mix of colors and papers makes this SO visually eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geri this is amazing! Your simple design packs a punch with your colorful letters, zingy ribbon and cute wooden star sccents! Love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, my friend! Yay for using your Cricut! I've decided that I really want one of those machines myself, so I like to see what people do with them! More please! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I love the papers you chose (and that you used your cricut) and LOVE the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your oh so colorful 'merry' card. Colors make people smile and this card sure will to whomever you send it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and festive Geri! A friend of mine's sister was in a nursing home and she passed away a few weeks ago....It had me thinking that those people would love to get a card....so I donated all my cards to them, so the staff can give one to whoever is in need to hopefully brighten someones day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a great idea to donate your cards to them! They DO love receiving cards! Some of them are just ALONE, and the excitement they get from communication from someone can really make a difference. And I wish you could see their faces as we make these cards, Charlene!!! As we add color with stamps and die cuts...they are just delighted at their finished product!! Thanks!!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous card, Geri! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love it Geri! Great job cutting out the Merry with your Cricut! I love the gold embossing too! Such a pretty card and gorgeous take on the challenge! Can't wait to give this one a go too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the colours on this one, and all the cream that sets it off. What lovely ribbon! Why so scared of your Cricut? I don't have a cutter, though they do intrigue me...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wanna make my Christmas cards this year? LOL Another stunner my friend. Love the notches for the ribbon. Great effect! Cutie patootie little stars and the lettering and embossing are fabulous. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first step is that, wow gold you can learn the best way to reach the wow gold cap. What is the first thing that you have guessed? The Auction house? Yes, this is a good way to make the wow gold, but it is not the fastest way to reach the WoW gold gap. For this take a ton of time, even you are in the highest speed, it will need you a lot of time. May be you can get bunch of gold for you, but the wow gold is too expensive and you this against Blizzard’s Terms of Service. power leveling wow If the wow gold is too good for you, it will help you get enough gold and silver to purchase much needed upgrades for your character. As we all know, the more gold we have the better the equipment and weapons you can buy, and the faster the speed of leveling up. And a good Wow gold guild will tell you is about that: how you can make loads of gold from just doing the normal quests and exactly the way to do them so you make more gold; how to use the auction house to reap in huge profits on the items you sell; best wow gold how to make big money from the elements in the game.

    ReplyDelete