Strony

New Fusion...

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hello, my friends!  Boy...I thought I'd just be celebrating away with Papertrey this week, but...not so!  It's turned out to be such a busy week...barely getting the 'have to' list done, let alone the 'want to' list.  Oh well...I did enjoy putting a card together for Fusion's new challenge that starts today...

I never pass up an excuse to use a pretty butterfly...and that photo inspiration has reminded me that winter won't last forever after all...


I even used the sketch a little, although I was pretty loosey-goosey with it.  While I was playing around with my design, I couldn't get that circular focal point off to the right out of my head.  Then it only seemed natural to draw my stamping out to mimic the border across the middle.  And I guess that's about where that whole sketch plan ended...it DID inspire me though...


I likey!  That's all some old stuff you're lookin' at, but...it worked for me!;) We'd love it if you played along with us this week or next...you've got plenty of time!  You'll find all the details at the Fusion blog, and more inspiration from my talented teammates!  Enjoy, and we hope you'll join us!


Thanks so much for your visit!

~geri~

28 comments:

  1. What a beautiful framing and lovely flower on your butterfly Geri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors you used - my favorites - the butterflies in the challenge photo remind of new line of paper from Graphic45

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super elegant Geri! Blue and green look awesome together. That strip of patterned paper (or is it washi) adds a lot of interest to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love that little flower in the center of the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vines peeking out from under the frame are fabulous. And that is gorgeous washi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, fresh and definitely lets me know there's an end to all of this snowy madness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Geri!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Geri....gorgeous cards! Adore the Merry & Bright card. We just got back from vacation, so I'm catching up on blog visits. You've been a busy lady....whipping up some amazing eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the frame, love the way you used the stamping across the center, just love it all....as always. You know you're my hero in this card style. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous textures Geri - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The moment I saw this I was like stunned .... super elegant, love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and colors...I'd love to see a butterfly out my window. It is warming up....but my hubby is moving drifts from the lane.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty, Geri! I like to study it, even though it's a CAS design, there are many thoughtful details, like the flowers behind the frame. You always do nice work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loosey Goosey...such a funny description of the sketch...I totally see it in your pretty design Geri. Love that soft and floaty butterfly...the beautiful die cut reminds me of an ornate window.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another stunning card Jeri! I love the frame placed over the stamped image. So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This design is spectacular. I love all the elements and colors. It is soft and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how do you do it?! You come up with the most amazing cards! LOVE it! The design is fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, this card is simply perfection!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  19. Geri this is so pretty, I love the blue and green together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous subtle color and I love the frame with the pretty stamping peeking through!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can definitely see the sketch inspiration in your gorgeous design, Geri! Love it! Your idea to stamp the floral image under the frame is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful :) I love the subtle colours and you can definitely see the sketch in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, Geri. Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and leaving some love.. :)

    ReplyDelete