Strony

~It's a new day!!! {New Precious Remembrance Release}~

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hey, everyone!!!  So happy to be here with you today!  This is the first chance I've had to craft since taking my new job...and it sure felt good to take a little crafty break!  So, thanks so much for dropping in!  I'm sharing a project from a new Precious Remembrance set called 'New Day'...


Love it!...It's so {positive}!!!  I've used my favorite sentiment from the set...


Isn't that sweet?  (Makes me think of my little girl;)  Here's the card...


...bright and cheery, just like the set...and super simple to make!  I stamped and cut the sentiment strip and eyed-up where I wanted to place it on the front panel.  Then, I just started in the center of the panel with the brush stroke image, and repeated it several times to create the sunburst, making sure to stamp it low enough that the sentiment strip would cover the 'rough' center where each stroke began.  (There are actually two different shades of orange on each brush stroke, with the darker one on the bottom half and the lighter one on the outer ends.)  I then sponged the darker shade of ink across the bottom portion of the card so that the sentiment would really pop.  I popped it up with foam adhesive and added the little jewels, and that was that!!!

And...great news if you like the idea of this new set...one will be given away at the Precious Remembrance blog to a lucky visitor.  After visiting the designer's blogs, head to Precious Remembrance by this Sunday and comment.  A random visitor will be picked to receive a set of 'New Day':)

If you got here via the Hop...you came here from Guest Designer, Judy's blog and just need to head to Precious Remembrance to finish up.  If you would like to start from the beginning, just head on over to PR to see the entire list of blogs (only 9, including me and PR!) and get all the give away details.

Thanks so much for dropping in, and enjoy!!!

~geri~

32 comments:

  1. What a pretty sunburst Geri! The vibrants orange is perfect for this sentiment. Terrific card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I haven't been by in too long! Thus is a fantastic card, Geri!! I love it. That's a great stamp set too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word AWESOME STAMPING.. very clever and so totally COOL.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Geri :) WOW!! your card is FAB ... loving these stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this card and what you did with the 'streak'

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative card Geri, way to think outside the box! I really like what you did with the brush stroke. Aren't PRS stamps so fun to work with :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun set and I love your creative take on that brushstroke. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful ray of sunshine on the cheery card, Geri.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am seriously loving all the 'orange' creations that have been popping up in blog land! Such a happy color, especially so when used as you have here! Perfectly placed bling, flawless stamping and a super duper awesome sentiment = WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG... how absolutely clever!!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Geri!!!! Hope all is well, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE how you created the sun! And so glad you got a chance to craft a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is awesome so bright and happy I love where your imagination took you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to show a super cool technique Geri! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, Geri! I LOVE the sunburst and the color orange with this sentiment! What a FABULOUS card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought that was a giant flower stamp! You are so clever and the oranges are so vibrant. Love this set. Couldn't wait to see what you created with it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cool set. I love your sun burst, it would almost make a flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I LOVE this... I love how you did the sunburst, so clever!! I'm glad you got some time to craft - I second your craving for creative time!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Geri, I can't believe you did that sunburst yourself! How wonderful! So clever and creative and absolutely wonderful with that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sunburst is perfection!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Geri, what a beautiful sun burst...gorgeous oranges and the perfect sentiment, too! (Seems many of us were drawn to that sentiment...it is so positive and cheerful!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an amazing card. Such a fantastic design. Really clever way to use the brush stroke image. Love this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad you were able to get some crafting time in!!! The card just speaks summer sunshine!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this set! I like the way the 2 shades of orange add so much depth to your project.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my, Geri, this is a real stunner ... love the vibrant oranges against the crisp white ... such a perfect design with that fab sentiment! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE how you used this stroke stamp Geri!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, this is so cool! Fabulous card, Geri!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have created some amazement here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. SO creative!! The use of a swoosh of paint as a sun is inspired and works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a spectacular card Geri!!!!

    ReplyDelete